New Jersey News
Woman killed when fire breaks out in Ramsey home
RAMSEY (WABC) -- One woman was killed in an early-morning house fire in New Jersey Wednesday.
The 47-year-old, identified as Sallie Brady was found on couch in the living room of the home on Talina Court in Ramsey just after 5:45 a.m.
She was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, where she was pronounced dead.
The fire appears to have started in the kitchen possibly from a faulty dishwasher and was apparently simmering for some time, and the cause is under investigation. It is not believed to be suspicious.
Firefighters struggled with the closet hydrant, but still knocked down the flames in 15 minutes.
Firefighters also had trouble finding the house because of the thick fog overnight.
A dog in the house was rescued.
new jersey, ramsey, fire, deadly fire, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees