New Jersey News
Woman killed when fire breaks out in Ramsey home
RAMSEY (WABC) -- One woman was killed in an early-morning house fire in New Jersey Wednesday.
The 47-year-old, identified as Sallie Brady was found on couch in the living room of the home on Talina Court in Ramsey just after 5:45 a.m.
She was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, where she was pronounced dead.
The fire appears to have started in the kitchen possibly from a faulty dishwasher and was apparently simmering for some time, and the cause is under investigation. It is not believed to be suspicious.
Firefighters struggled with the closet hydrant, but still knocked down the flames in 15 minutes.
Firefighters also had trouble finding the house because of the thick fog overnight.
A dog in the house was rescued.
new jersey, ramsey, fire, deadly fire, new jersey news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos