New Jersey News
Triple shooting in Newark leaves 1 dead
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police in Newark are looking into a triple shooting that left one person dead late Wednesday.
The shooting happened on North Munn Avenue in the city's west ward around 11:30 p.m.
One person, 29-year-old Laqueebah Murray, died from a gunshot to the head, while another was struck in the arm and a third grazed in the leg.
So far, no arrests have been made.
Police searched an apartment building and a large area surrounding it, looking for a suspect.
Police set up a command post at Tremont and North Munn avenues as they investigated.
new jersey, newark, shooting, new jersey news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 47 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 51 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare