New Jersey News
Woman, firefighter hurt in Bergenfield house fire
BERGENFIELD, N.J. (WABC) -- Authorities say a woman and a firefighter were hospitalized after a fast-moving fire roared through the woman's northern New Jersey home.
Firefighters responded to the Bergenfield residence around 7:40 a.m. Sunday and battled the three-alarm blaze for about 90 minutes before it was brought under control.
It's not yet known what sparked the fire, which severely damaged the Cape Cody style home.
Bergenfield Fire Chief Michael Lopez tells The Record (http://bit.ly/18JrpfE) that the firefighter was being treated for heat exhaustion.
But details on the woman and her injuries were not disclosed.
Police roped off the block surrounding the home and remained on the scene Sunday afternoon.
new jersey, bergen county, firefighter injured, fire, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees