New Jersey News
Crated yorkie left on hot tar roof found dead
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- A man was charged with animal cruelty after a dog was found dead in a metal crate on top of a tar roof during our recent heat wave.
It's a sad and cruel ending to an animal's life, so much so, that Eyewitness News had to blur the picture.
A small Yorkshire terrier was left in a cage to die in the heat in Jersey City.
The window of the yellow building is access to the roof next door. The caged dog was left out on the hot tar roof Friday in scorching heat. Animal Control says the dog also had no water.
It turns out, several people heard the dog, but from street level, could not see it was in a death trap, struggling to live, whining for help, until it was dead.
A neighbor a building away, finally spotted the dog and called animal control, which charged Kaylon Dazile of Neptune Street with three counts of animal cruelty.
They say he told them he was dog-sitting for a friend, but the dog kept barking, so he set it out there, so neighbors wouldn't complain.
new jersey, jersey city, animal abuse, dog, new jersey news, toni yates
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 20 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
20 min ago