New Jersey News
Seton Hall student wanted in bomb threat
NEWARK, N.J. -- An arrest warrant has been issued for a former Seton Hall University student accused of making an anonymous bomb threat that caused the campus to be evacuated last week.
Essex County prosecutors say 22-year-old Dennis Mamrosz of Yonkers, N.Y. is charged with making terroristic threats.
Mamrosz is now in the Westchester County Jail on unrelated charges, but authorities say he wasn't incarcerated when he allegedly made the threat via email. Authorities will seek to extradite Mamrosz once the unrelated charges have been resolved.
The threat closed down the campus for several hours Thursday as police conducted a sweep for possible explosives, but no evidence of a bomb was found.
Prosecutors say Mamrosz attended Seton Hall until 2010 and didn't graduate. A possible motive for the threat has not been disclosed.
new jersey, bomb scare, new jersey news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 49 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 43 min ago
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 15 min ago
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 25 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing Muslim girl 13 min ago
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos