New Jersey News
Seton Hall student wanted in bomb threat
NEWARK, N.J. -- An arrest warrant has been issued for a former Seton Hall University student accused of making an anonymous bomb threat that caused the campus to be evacuated last week.
Essex County prosecutors say 22-year-old Dennis Mamrosz of Yonkers, N.Y. is charged with making terroristic threats.
Mamrosz is now in the Westchester County Jail on unrelated charges, but authorities say he wasn't incarcerated when he allegedly made the threat via email. Authorities will seek to extradite Mamrosz once the unrelated charges have been resolved.
The threat closed down the campus for several hours Thursday as police conducted a sweep for possible explosives, but no evidence of a bomb was found.
Prosecutors say Mamrosz attended Seton Hall until 2010 and didn't graduate. A possible motive for the threat has not been disclosed.
new jersey, bomb scare, new jersey news
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92 39 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing...
15 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos