New Jersey News
Hudson County detective charged in fatal road rage incident
GAMBRILLS, Md. -- An detective with the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office is facing charges after a deadly road rage incident in Maryland.
Police say the detective, 40-year old Joseph Walker, had been involved in a dispute with the driver of another car, 36-year old Joseph Harvey, Jr.
The two vehicles pulled off onto the shoulder of Interstate 97 in Anne Arundel County.
According to police, Harvey and a passenger in his car approached Walker's minivan. Walker then exited his vehicle and announced that he was a police officer.
Harvey continued to approach in an aggressive manner, police say.
Walker allegedly brandished a gun and shot in the direction of the two men, hitting Harvey.
Harvey was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Harvey, of Eastampton, New Jersey, is in police custody at Baltimore Washington Medical Center.
new jersey, hudson county, road rage, police officer arrested, new jersey news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt 10 min ago
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams