New Jersey News
Hudson County detective charged in fatal road rage incident
GAMBRILLS, Md. -- An detective with the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office is facing charges after a deadly road rage incident in Maryland.
Police say the detective, 40-year old Joseph Walker, had been involved in a dispute with the driver of another car, 36-year old Joseph Harvey, Jr.
The two vehicles pulled off onto the shoulder of Interstate 97 in Anne Arundel County.
According to police, Harvey and a passenger in his car approached Walker's minivan. Walker then exited his vehicle and announced that he was a police officer.
Harvey continued to approach in an aggressive manner, police say.
Walker allegedly brandished a gun and shot in the direction of the two men, hitting Harvey.
Harvey was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Harvey, of Eastampton, New Jersey, is in police custody at Baltimore Washington Medical Center.
new jersey, hudson county, road rage, police officer arrested, new jersey news
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 24 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders
- Crown Heights woman critical after hit and run 31 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident