New Jersey News
Hudson County detective charged in fatal road rage incident
GAMBRILLS, Md. -- An detective with the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office is facing charges after a deadly road rage incident in Maryland.
Police say the detective, 40-year old Joseph Walker, had been involved in a dispute with the driver of another car, 36-year old Joseph Harvey, Jr.
The two vehicles pulled off onto the shoulder of Interstate 97 in Anne Arundel County.
According to police, Harvey and a passenger in his car approached Walker's minivan. Walker then exited his vehicle and announced that he was a police officer.
Harvey continued to approach in an aggressive manner, police say.
Walker allegedly brandished a gun and shot in the direction of the two men, hitting Harvey.
Harvey was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Harvey, of Eastampton, New Jersey, is in police custody at Baltimore Washington Medical Center.
new jersey, hudson county, road rage, police officer arrested, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife 1 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 45 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos