New Jersey News
NJ police officer charged with murder after alleged road rage incident
MILLERSVILLE, Md. -- Maryland authorities say they've charged a New Jersey police officer after an alleged road rage incident in which one person was fatally shot.
Maryland State Police responded Saturday evening to a shooting on the shoulder of the ramp from northbound Route 3 to Interstate 97 near Millersville.
Troopers say they were told that a road rage incident had happened between the two vehicles before they pulled over and the shooting occurred.
Troopers believe the driver of a minivan, 40-year-old Joseph Walker of New Jersey, shot the driver of a Honda, 36-year-old Joseph Harvey Jr. of Millersville, after Harvey approached the minivan. Harvey later died.
Troopers charged Walker on Sunday with second degree murder and manslaughter. He is a sworn officer with the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office in New Jersey.
new jersey, road rage, new jersey news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos