New Jersey News
NJ police officer charged with murder after alleged road rage incident
MILLERSVILLE, Md. -- Maryland authorities say they've charged a New Jersey police officer after an alleged road rage incident in which one person was fatally shot.
Maryland State Police responded Saturday evening to a shooting on the shoulder of the ramp from northbound Route 3 to Interstate 97 near Millersville.
Troopers say they were told that a road rage incident had happened between the two vehicles before they pulled over and the shooting occurred.
Troopers believe the driver of a minivan, 40-year-old Joseph Walker of New Jersey, shot the driver of a Honda, 36-year-old Joseph Harvey Jr. of Millersville, after Harvey approached the minivan. Harvey later died.
Troopers charged Walker on Sunday with second degree murder and manslaughter. He is a sworn officer with the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office in New Jersey.
new jersey, road rage, new jersey news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing 44 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos