New Jersey News
NJ police officer charged with murder after alleged road rage incident
MILLERSVILLE, Md. -- Maryland authorities say they've charged a New Jersey police officer after an alleged road rage incident in which one person was fatally shot.
Maryland State Police responded Saturday evening to a shooting on the shoulder of the ramp from northbound Route 3 to Interstate 97 near Millersville.
Troopers say they were told that a road rage incident had happened between the two vehicles before they pulled over and the shooting occurred.
Troopers believe the driver of a minivan, 40-year-old Joseph Walker of New Jersey, shot the driver of a Honda, 36-year-old Joseph Harvey Jr. of Millersville, after Harvey approached the minivan. Harvey later died.
Troopers charged Walker on Sunday with second degree murder and manslaughter. He is a sworn officer with the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office in New Jersey.
new jersey, road rage, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow hits southern New Jersey, heads for NYC 33 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire 19 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV