New Jersey News
Funeral for East Orange teen murdered in bed
EAST ORANGE, N.J. (WABC) -- The New Jersey high school senior who was supposed to be the queen at her prom Thursday night was laid to rest Wednesday.
Aquilla Flood, 17, was recently voted prom queen at Campus High School in East Orange.
She was shot to death, allegedly by her ex-boyfriend, as she slept in her own bed last week.
A funeral service was held at Christian Pentecostal Church in Newark.
A federal task force arrested 18-year-old Almuqqadin Means on Monday and charged him with murder.
Means also faces weapons charges stemming from the slaying.
Prosecutors allege Means somehow sneaked into the home and shot Flood in the head early Wednesday. She was found dead by her mother hours later.
new jersey, shooting, murder, arrest, east orange, new jersey news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos