New Jersey News
Funeral for East Orange teen murdered in bed
EAST ORANGE, N.J. (WABC) -- The New Jersey high school senior who was supposed to be the queen at her prom Thursday night was laid to rest Wednesday.
Aquilla Flood, 17, was recently voted prom queen at Campus High School in East Orange.
She was shot to death, allegedly by her ex-boyfriend, as she slept in her own bed last week.
A funeral service was held at Christian Pentecostal Church in Newark.
A federal task force arrested 18-year-old Almuqqadin Means on Monday and charged him with murder.
Means also faces weapons charges stemming from the slaying.
Prosecutors allege Means somehow sneaked into the home and shot Flood in the head early Wednesday. She was found dead by her mother hours later.
new jersey, shooting, murder, arrest, east orange, new jersey news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 40 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos