New Jersey News
Funeral for East Orange teen murdered in bed
EAST ORANGE, N.J. (WABC) -- The New Jersey high school senior who was supposed to be the queen at her prom Thursday night was laid to rest Wednesday.
Aquilla Flood, 17, was recently voted prom queen at Campus High School in East Orange.
She was shot to death, allegedly by her ex-boyfriend, as she slept in her own bed last week.
A funeral service was held at Christian Pentecostal Church in Newark.
A federal task force arrested 18-year-old Almuqqadin Means on Monday and charged him with murder.
Means also faces weapons charges stemming from the slaying.
Prosecutors allege Means somehow sneaked into the home and shot Flood in the head early Wednesday. She was found dead by her mother hours later.
new jersey, shooting, murder, arrest, east orange, new jersey news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos