New Jersey News
Missing woman's body found in reservoir after 5 years
WEST MILFORD, N.J. (WABC) -- A car belonging to a woman who went missing five years ago has been found at the bottom of the Monksville Reservoir in West Milford.
The Passaic County Prosecutor says the West Milford Police Department's dive team was performing dive exercises when they found the car submerged at the bottom of the reservoir Wednesday afternoon.
The car belongs to Cathy Ann DeBono, an Oakland resident who disappeared on March 23, 2008. She was last seen driving away from her home in a white Toyota Camry at about 9:30 p.m. Her husband said she didn't have her purse or cell phone with her when she left.
There was a badly decomposed body found inside the car. A medical examiner will have to determine if the body is in fact DeBono's, but officials suspect it is her.
DeBono was last seen wearing a black shirt with black pants. She had a tattoo of a bird on her right shoulder. The New Jersey State Park Police is heading the investigation with assistance from the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office.
Sources say no foul play is suspected.
new jersey, west milford, body found, new jersey news
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust'
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon