New Jersey News
Missing woman's body found in reservoir after 5 years
WEST MILFORD, N.J. (WABC) -- A car belonging to a woman who went missing five years ago has been found at the bottom of the Monksville Reservoir in West Milford.
The Passaic County Prosecutor says the West Milford Police Department's dive team was performing dive exercises when they found the car submerged at the bottom of the reservoir Wednesday afternoon.
The car belongs to Cathy Ann DeBono, an Oakland resident who disappeared on March 23, 2008. She was last seen driving away from her home in a white Toyota Camry at about 9:30 p.m. Her husband said she didn't have her purse or cell phone with her when she left.
There was a badly decomposed body found inside the car. A medical examiner will have to determine if the body is in fact DeBono's, but officials suspect it is her.
DeBono was last seen wearing a black shirt with black pants. She had a tattoo of a bird on her right shoulder. The New Jersey State Park Police is heading the investigation with assistance from the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office.
Sources say no foul play is suspected.
new jersey, west milford, body found, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos