New Jersey News
Missing woman's body found in reservoir after 5 years
WEST MILFORD, N.J. (WABC) -- A car belonging to a woman who went missing five years ago has been found at the bottom of the Monksville Reservoir in West Milford.
The Passaic County Prosecutor says the West Milford Police Department's dive team was performing dive exercises when they found the car submerged at the bottom of the reservoir Wednesday afternoon.
The car belongs to Cathy Ann DeBono, an Oakland resident who disappeared on March 23, 2008. She was last seen driving away from her home in a white Toyota Camry at about 9:30 p.m. Her husband said she didn't have her purse or cell phone with her when she left.
There was a badly decomposed body found inside the car. A medical examiner will have to determine if the body is in fact DeBono's, but officials suspect it is her.
DeBono was last seen wearing a black shirt with black pants. She had a tattoo of a bird on her right shoulder. The New Jersey State Park Police is heading the investigation with assistance from the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office.
Sources say no foul play is suspected.
new jersey, west milford, body found, new jersey news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster