New Jersey News
Missing woman's body found in reservoir after 5 years
WEST MILFORD, N.J. (WABC) -- A car belonging to a woman who went missing five years ago has been found at the bottom of the Monksville Reservoir in West Milford.
The Passaic County Prosecutor says the West Milford Police Department's dive team was performing dive exercises when they found the car submerged at the bottom of the reservoir Wednesday afternoon.
The car belongs to Cathy Ann DeBono, an Oakland resident who disappeared on March 23, 2008. She was last seen driving away from her home in a white Toyota Camry at about 9:30 p.m. Her husband said she didn't have her purse or cell phone with her when she left.
There was a badly decomposed body found inside the car. A medical examiner will have to determine if the body is in fact DeBono's, but officials suspect it is her.
DeBono was last seen wearing a black shirt with black pants. She had a tattoo of a bird on her right shoulder. The New Jersey State Park Police is heading the investigation with assistance from the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office.
Sources say no foul play is suspected.
new jersey, west milford, body found, new jersey news
- Snow Alert issued in NYC for Tuesday 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Multiple people injured in Toms River bus accident 55 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims 56 min ago
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Snow Alert issued in NYC for Tuesday
35 min ago