New Jersey News
Judge does not overturn strapless dress ban
READINGTON, N.J. (WABC) -- A ban on strapless gowns in the prom dress debate in New Jersey has stood up in court.
A judge Wednesday refused to lift the ban imposed by the Readington school principal.
It means girls will have to wear gowns with at least one strap to Friday night's 8th grade prom.
The principal said strapless gowns were too distracting for boys, but parents and students filed suit to overturn the ban.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
52 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos