New Jersey News
New Jersey state senate to discuss Roxbury landfill gas
ROXBURY, N.J. (WABC) -- The uproar over the landfill stench in Roxbury, New Jersey, has led to a state senate hearing in Trenton Thursday.
The senate's environment and energy committee will take up legislation to reign in the Fenimore Landfill.
If passed, it would require the state Department of Environmental Protection to cap the landfill.
Emissions of hydrogen sulfide gas have overwhelmed neighbors, hitting nearly 50 times the levels generally considered to be safe.
new jersey, roxbury, new jersey news
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken 25 min ago
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response 22 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos