New Jersey News
New Jersey state senate to discuss Roxbury landfill gas
ROXBURY, N.J. (WABC) -- The uproar over the landfill stench in Roxbury, New Jersey, has led to a state senate hearing in Trenton Thursday.
The senate's environment and energy committee will take up legislation to reign in the Fenimore Landfill.
If passed, it would require the state Department of Environmental Protection to cap the landfill.
Emissions of hydrogen sulfide gas have overwhelmed neighbors, hitting nearly 50 times the levels generally considered to be safe.
new jersey, roxbury, new jersey news
- 90-minute delays linger after LIRR service suspension
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
43 min ago