New Jersey News
Carbon monoxide leak forces evacuation of Carlstadt hotel
CARLSTADT (WABC) -- A New Jersey hotel was evacuated after high levels of carbon monoxide spread through the building late Thursday.
About 100 guests were told to leave the Holiday Inn Express on Paterson Plank Road in Carlstadt just after 10:30 p.m.
They were put on buses and taken to other hotels.
One woman had a slight headache, a symptom of carbon monoxide exposure, and taken to the hospital for treatment.
Firefighters arrived to multiple carbon monoxide detectors going off on multiple floors.
The carbon monoxide rate was 180 parts per million. Rates of 100 ppm or greater can be dangerous to human health.
The leak was traced to a blockage in the venting system for the pool heater.
The blockage was removed and the hotel was ventilated to bring down the carbon monoxide levels.
Firefighters said guests of the hotel were cold and upset, but most were not injured.
new jersey, carbon monoxide, carlstadt, new jersey news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 11 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 6 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 48 min ago
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
6 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos