New Jersey News
Fire damages Bloomfield apartment building
BLOOMFIELD (WABC) -- Flames raced through the top floor of an apartment building in Bloomfield, New Jersey on Friday afternoon.
The fire broke out just after 3:00 p.m. inside the building at 215 Bloomfield Avenue.
There were reports that explosion preceded the fire in the kitchen of one of the buildings.
The flames broke through the roof and raced from apartment to apartment on the top floor before firefighters could bring things under control.
The fire reached 2 alarms.
The building was evacuated. No injuries were reported. Firefighters say they also got out all the pets.
Firefighters remained on the scene hosing down hot spots late Friday afternoon.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
new jersey, bloomfield, fire, new jersey news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 2 min ago
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at...
2 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos