New Jersey News
Investigation forces temporary closure of Leonia fire department
LEONIA (WABC) -- An investigation has forced the temporary closure of a fire department in New Jersey.
A sign on the Leonia Fire Department door says only active members responding to an actual alarm are allowed on the premises.
Eyewitness News' calls to the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office and the mayor's office were not returned.
Borough Administrator Jack Terhune told the Bergen Record that the move was made following very serious allegations.
Eyewitness News is told that the incident involves a young victim and a suspect with a mental illness.
new jersey, bergen county, new jersey news
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade 15 min ago
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
43 min ago