New Jersey News
Woman shot in Brielle, suspect in custody
BRIELLE, N.J. -- A 62-year-old man suspected of shooting a woman outside a New Jersey shore restaurant was taken into custody without incident after holding police at bay for several hours.
Louis Cataldo of Point Pleasant was arrested at his home around 1 p.m. Tuesday and charged with attempted murder and weapons offenses. He's being held on $1.5 million bail.
The shooting outside the Sand Bar restaurant in Brielle took place just before 1 a.m. Tuesday.
The victim, a 35-year-old woman whose identity was not released, was hospitalized in critical but stable condition with a single gunshot wound.
Cataldo's home is about 4 miles from the shooting scene.
The Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office could not say what, if any, relationship the suspect and victim may have had.
new jersey, shooting, monmouth county, ocean county, new jersey news
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 46 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment 2 min ago
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt 8 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
34 min ago