New Jersey News
Woman shot in Brielle, suspect in custody
BRIELLE, N.J. -- A 62-year-old man suspected of shooting a woman outside a New Jersey shore restaurant was taken into custody without incident after holding police at bay for several hours.
Louis Cataldo of Point Pleasant was arrested at his home around 1 p.m. Tuesday and charged with attempted murder and weapons offenses. He's being held on $1.5 million bail.
The shooting outside the Sand Bar restaurant in Brielle took place just before 1 a.m. Tuesday.
The victim, a 35-year-old woman whose identity was not released, was hospitalized in critical but stable condition with a single gunshot wound.
Cataldo's home is about 4 miles from the shooting scene.
The Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office could not say what, if any, relationship the suspect and victim may have had.
new jersey, shooting, monmouth county, ocean county, new jersey news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 8 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos