New Jersey News
Former Hackensack man charged in infant son's death
HACKENSACK -- A former northern New Jersey man stands accused of causing his infant son's death last year.
Bergen County prosecutors say 32-year-old Michael Marrara Jr. was charged with aggravated manslaughter, child endangerment and hindering apprehension. A former Fort Lee resident who now lives in Boca Raton, Fla., Marrara turned himself on Tuesday.
The charges stem from the death of Marrara's 10-week-old son, Andrew, who was found unresponsive in the family's apartment in March 2012.
An autopsy determined the child died from a head injury and also found old injuries that were in various states of healing. Authorities allege that Marrara caused those injuries, which included three broken ribs and various soft tissue injuries.
Marrara's attorney, John Bruno, denied the allegations and said his client would be exonerated.
new jersey, hackensack, child killed, new jersey news
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 52 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 9 min ago
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 22 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
52 min ago