New Jersey News
Former Hackensack man charged in infant son's death
HACKENSACK -- A former northern New Jersey man stands accused of causing his infant son's death last year.
Bergen County prosecutors say 32-year-old Michael Marrara Jr. was charged with aggravated manslaughter, child endangerment and hindering apprehension. A former Fort Lee resident who now lives in Boca Raton, Fla., Marrara turned himself on Tuesday.
The charges stem from the death of Marrara's 10-week-old son, Andrew, who was found unresponsive in the family's apartment in March 2012.
An autopsy determined the child died from a head injury and also found old injuries that were in various states of healing. Authorities allege that Marrara caused those injuries, which included three broken ribs and various soft tissue injuries.
Marrara's attorney, John Bruno, denied the allegations and said his client would be exonerated.
new jersey, hackensack, child killed, new jersey news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight 24 min ago
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos