New Jersey News
Former Hackensack man charged in infant son's death
HACKENSACK -- A former northern New Jersey man stands accused of causing his infant son's death last year.
Bergen County prosecutors say 32-year-old Michael Marrara Jr. was charged with aggravated manslaughter, child endangerment and hindering apprehension. A former Fort Lee resident who now lives in Boca Raton, Fla., Marrara turned himself on Tuesday.
The charges stem from the death of Marrara's 10-week-old son, Andrew, who was found unresponsive in the family's apartment in March 2012.
An autopsy determined the child died from a head injury and also found old injuries that were in various states of healing. Authorities allege that Marrara caused those injuries, which included three broken ribs and various soft tissue injuries.
Marrara's attorney, John Bruno, denied the allegations and said his client would be exonerated.
new jersey, hackensack, child killed, new jersey news
- At least 2 dead, 18 hurt in East Harlem explosion 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 10 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 42 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 46 min ago
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase 46 min ago