New Jersey News
New Jersey's first lady to place final board on Seaside Heights boardwalk
SEASIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- New Jersey's first lady will mark a symbolic milestone on the first day of summer.
Mary Pat Christie will place the final board on the Seaside Heights boardwalk that was destroyed by Superstorm Sandy.
The initial project cost $3.6 million to replace the boards. Railings, lighting and ramps cost extra.
Seaside's boardwalk was featured in MTV's "Jersey Shore" reality series and is home to a variety of arcades, amusement rides and food concessions.
Friday's ceremony will take place between Franklin and Lincoln avenues.
new jersey, seaside heights, superstorm sandy, new jersey news
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 55 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session 25 min ago
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders
- Crown Heights woman critical after hit and run
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills 20 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam,...
20 min ago