New Jersey News
New Jersey's first lady to place final board on Seaside Heights boardwalk
SEASIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- New Jersey's first lady will mark a symbolic milestone on the first day of summer.
Mary Pat Christie will place the final board on the Seaside Heights boardwalk that was destroyed by Superstorm Sandy.
The initial project cost $3.6 million to replace the boards. Railings, lighting and ramps cost extra.
Seaside's boardwalk was featured in MTV's "Jersey Shore" reality series and is home to a variety of arcades, amusement rides and food concessions.
Friday's ceremony will take place between Franklin and Lincoln avenues.
new jersey, seaside heights, superstorm sandy, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos