New Jersey News
New Jersey's first lady to place final board on Seaside Heights boardwalk
SEASIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- New Jersey's first lady will mark a symbolic milestone on the first day of summer.
Mary Pat Christie will place the final board on the Seaside Heights boardwalk that was destroyed by Superstorm Sandy.
The initial project cost $3.6 million to replace the boards. Railings, lighting and ramps cost extra.
Seaside's boardwalk was featured in MTV's "Jersey Shore" reality series and is home to a variety of arcades, amusement rides and food concessions.
Friday's ceremony will take place between Franklin and Lincoln avenues.
new jersey, seaside heights, superstorm sandy, new jersey news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 42 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village...
42 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos