New Jersey News
Frightening Millburn home invasion assault caught on camera
MILLBURN, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are searching for the man behind a frightening home invasion and assault that was caught on camera.
The suspect, who burst into the home in Millburn and beat up a woman in front of her young daughter, is on the run, and authorities are hoping the nanny-cam surveillance video will lead to an arrest.
The incident happened around 10:30 a.m. on June 21 at the Cypress Street home.
Police say the unidentified male, described as a black man standing about 5-foot-11 and weighing 210 pounds with a light salt and pepper beard, forced his way inside and attacked the woman while her 3-year-old little girl sat on the couch.
He punched and kicked the woman repeatedly, then put her in a choke hold before throwing her down a flight of stairs. He made off with an undetermined amount of jewelry, including the woman's wedding ring, and fled the scene.
The woman was transported to an area hospital, where she was treated for injuries to her face and legs.
In addition to the girl, the woman also had an 18-month-old sleeping upstairs.
Anyone with information or who can identify the individual in the photo is asked to call Millburn Police at 973-564-7001. A $22,500 reward is offered for information leading to an arrest.
new jersey, millburn, robbery, home invasion, assault, surveillance video, new jersey news
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 48 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 55 min ago
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 56 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
55 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
48 min ago