New Jersey News
Boy critical, girl injured in 3-story window fall in New Jersey
NORTH BERGEN, N.J. (WABC) -- A 4-year-old boy is in critical condition and his 5-year-old sister hospitalized after they fell out a third-story window in New Jersey Tuesday night.
The incident happened around 7:30 p.m. on Boulevard East in North Bergen.
The children were playing in the apartment when they saw a friend playing on the ground below and climbed onto a bed to get a better view.
Authorities say they leaned against the screen, and that's when it gave way.
"I saw people screaming and running," witness Christina Saoud said. "Two kids on the ground and mother coming from the building crying and screaming."
They lay motionless and crying as their mother raced to help them.
"It was sad, really sad, like a parent's worst nightmare," witness Mya Saoud said.
Officials say there are encouraging signs the kids will pull through.
The children were both conscious at the scene, but crying hysterically. The girl was complaining about a possible broken leg.
The children were rushed to Jersey City Medical Center before being transferred to University Hospital.
new jersey, fall, north bergen, new jersey news
- At least 3 dead, 69 hurt in East Harlem explosion
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two East Harlem explosion victims identified
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem
- Dozens homeless after East Harlem buildings destroyed
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Investigators focus on an old cast-iron gas pipeline
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media
- Video: Damage throughout neighborhood after East...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape