New Jersey News
Boy critical, girl injured in 3-story window fall in New Jersey
NORTH BERGEN, N.J. (WABC) -- A 4-year-old boy is in critical condition and his 5-year-old sister hospitalized after they fell out a third-story window in New Jersey Tuesday night.
The incident happened around 7:30 p.m. on Boulevard East in North Bergen.
The children were playing in the apartment when they saw a friend playing on the ground below and climbed onto a bed to get a better view.
Authorities say they leaned against the screen, and that's when it gave way.
"I saw people screaming and running," witness Christina Saoud said. "Two kids on the ground and mother coming from the building crying and screaming."
They lay motionless and crying as their mother raced to help them.
"It was sad, really sad, like a parent's worst nightmare," witness Mya Saoud said.
Officials say there are encouraging signs the kids will pull through.
The children were both conscious at the scene, but crying hysterically. The girl was complaining about a possible broken leg.
The children were rushed to Jersey City Medical Center before being transferred to University Hospital.
new jersey, fall, north bergen, new jersey news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014