New Jersey News
Wake held for actor Gandolfini in New Jersey
PARK RIDGE, N.J. -- A private viewing for James Gandolfini is underway in a small northern New Jersey town near where he grew up.
Mourners began arriving late Wednesday afternoon at an invitation-only wake for family and friends at the Robert Spearing Funeral Home in Park Ridge.
The 51-year-old star of "The Sopranos" grew up in nearby Westwood. He died last week in Italy.
Broadway theaters say they'll dim their marquee lights in memory of Gandolfini, who earned a Tony Award nomination in 2009 for his role in the award-winning "God of Carnage."
Gandolfini's funeral will be held Thursday at the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine in New York City.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos