New Jersey News
Wake held for actor Gandolfini in New Jersey
PARK RIDGE, N.J. -- A private viewing for James Gandolfini is underway in a small northern New Jersey town near where he grew up.
Mourners began arriving late Wednesday afternoon at an invitation-only wake for family and friends at the Robert Spearing Funeral Home in Park Ridge.
The 51-year-old star of "The Sopranos" grew up in nearby Westwood. He died last week in Italy.
Broadway theaters say they'll dim their marquee lights in memory of Gandolfini, who earned a Tony Award nomination in 2009 for his role in the award-winning "God of Carnage."
Gandolfini's funeral will be held Thursday at the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine in New York City.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term 4 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 33 min ago
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013