New Jersey News
Rutgers merging with UMDNJ, Rowan University
NEW BRUNSWICK -- Rutgers University is adding two medical schools, Rowan is becoming a research university and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey is dissolving.
All those changes become official Monday as a reorganization of public higher education in New Jersey takes effect.
Ceremonies are scheduled at various universities to mark the transition. Among the festivities planned is a ringing of the Old Queens Bell, a part of Rutgers tradition.
The change is intended to clear the way for Rutgers to become a major center for medical sciences research and grow the number of seats in universities in New Jersey.
new jersey, rutgers university, new jersey news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 20 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos