New Jersey News
Irvington bodega owner fatally shot in robbery
IRVINGTON (WABC) -- Prosecutors say a northern New Jersey bodega owner was killed in a shooting that was captured by a store security camera.
Fifty-two-year-old Narendrak Patel was working behind the counter of the Irvington Mini Market when at least one armed gunman entered the store shortly before 5 p.m. Saturday and apparently tried to rob the store.
Patel was shot several times and was pronounced dead a short time later.
Further details on the shooting, including what type of weapon was used, have not been disclosed. It was not clear if the assailant made off with any cash or items from the store.
The slaying is the eighth homicide recorded in the Essex County community this year. There were nine killings in Irvington in 2012.
new jersey, irvington, murder, new jersey news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card 38 min ago
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 16 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- 3-year-old boy gets stuck in Nebraska claw machine 11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos