New Jersey News
Man rescued after falling off cliff in Alpine
ALPINE (WABC) -- Emergency crews came to the aid of a man who fell off of a cliff in the Palisades on Sunday afternoon.
Police say 49-year-old Julio Beltran walked around a bridge wall in Alpine, lost his footing and slipped over the edge.
Emergency responders repelled down the cliff and lifted Beltran to safety.
Officials say Beltran suffered multiple traumatic injuries, and was taken to Hackensack Hospital.
His condition is unknown at this time, but he is expected to survive.
Palisades Interstate Parkway Police say Battalion Chief Chris Ipek of the Fort Lee Fire Department received minor injuries after he fell several feet while scaling the cliff.
new jersey, bergen county, rescue, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43 4 min ago
- Granderson hits sac fly to lift Mets over Braves in 14
- Anna, Beltran key Yankees' 5-1, 12-inning win
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos