New Jersey News
Man rescued after falling off cliff in Alpine
ALPINE (WABC) -- Emergency crews came to the aid of a man who fell off of a cliff in the Palisades on Sunday afternoon.
Police say 49-year-old Julio Beltran walked around a bridge wall in Alpine, lost his footing and slipped over the edge.
Emergency responders repelled down the cliff and lifted Beltran to safety.
Officials say Beltran suffered multiple traumatic injuries, and was taken to Hackensack Hospital.
His condition is unknown at this time, but he is expected to survive.
Palisades Interstate Parkway Police say Battalion Chief Chris Ipek of the Fort Lee Fire Department received minor injuries after he fell several feet while scaling the cliff.
new jersey, bergen county, rescue, new jersey news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run 7 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect 16 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Battling a third party energy company
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks head 46 min ago
- Photos: Stolen jewelry items in Ramsey robbery
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
35 min ago