New Jersey News
Man rescued after falling off cliff in Alpine
ALPINE (WABC) -- Emergency crews came to the aid of a man who fell off of a cliff in the Palisades on Sunday afternoon.
Police say 49-year-old Julio Beltran walked around a bridge wall in Alpine, lost his footing and slipped over the edge.
Emergency responders repelled down the cliff and lifted Beltran to safety.
Officials say Beltran suffered multiple traumatic injuries, and was taken to Hackensack Hospital.
His condition is unknown at this time, but he is expected to survive.
Palisades Interstate Parkway Police say Battalion Chief Chris Ipek of the Fort Lee Fire Department received minor injuries after he fell several feet while scaling the cliff.
new jersey, bergen county, rescue, new jersey news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 16 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn 21 min ago
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 6 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 31 min ago
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
16 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos