New Jersey News
Borgata in Atlantic City targeted in jewel heist
ATLANTIC CITY -- Police say three thieves in a smash-and-grab jewelry heist at Atlantic City's Borgata Hotel did not make off with as much as previously thought.
Atlantic City Police Sgt. Monica McMenamin says the men took nearly $200,000 in men's and women's Rolex watches. The haul was previously estimated at $500,000.
The theft was reported at about 8:45 p.m. Monday amid the hotel's 10th anniversary celebration.
McMenamin says the men ran from the store before taking off in a dark-colored vehicle. She says they did not use or threaten to use weapons.
Police still are looking for the three.
The Borgata issued a statement saying it is "fully assisting and cooperating with law enforcement in their efforts to find and prosecute the people involved." The Borgata opened July 2, 2003, as the first new casino in the resort town in 13 years.
new jersey, atlantic city, robbery, new jersey news
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 29 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 18 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated 23 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn 31 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident