New Jersey News
Borgata in Atlantic City targeted in jewel heist
ATLANTIC CITY -- Police say three thieves in a smash-and-grab jewelry heist at Atlantic City's Borgata Hotel did not make off with as much as previously thought.
Atlantic City Police Sgt. Monica McMenamin says the men took nearly $200,000 in men's and women's Rolex watches. The haul was previously estimated at $500,000.
The theft was reported at about 8:45 p.m. Monday amid the hotel's 10th anniversary celebration.
McMenamin says the men ran from the store before taking off in a dark-colored vehicle. She says they did not use or threaten to use weapons.
Police still are looking for the three.
The Borgata issued a statement saying it is "fully assisting and cooperating with law enforcement in their efforts to find and prosecute the people involved." The Borgata opened July 2, 2003, as the first new casino in the resort town in 13 years.
new jersey, atlantic city, robbery, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos