New Jersey News
New Jersey woman charged in death of disabled daughter
TOMS RIVER, N.J. (WABC) -- A New Jersey woman has been arrested in connection with the death of her disabled 32-year old daughter.
53-year old Janet Wilson of Manchester Township is charged with Aggravated Manslaughter, Desecrating Human Remains, and Neglect of a Disabled Adult.
Prosecutors say the decomposed body of Wilson's daughter Rebecca was found in her home on May 30th.
According to investigators, Rebecca Wilson was homebound and dependent on her mother for care.
On June 30, investigators located Janet Wilson at a motel in Reno, Nevada and placed her under arrest.
They also learned that Janet Wilson still had not reported Rebecca Wilson dead and was still actively receiving Rebecca Wilson's Disability/Social Security checks.
Authorities say that as late as June 17, $600 was withdrawn from Rebecca Wilson's account and transferred to Janet Wilson's account.
Wilson is being held on $250,000 bail.
new jersey, body found, new jersey news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos