New Jersey News
New Jersey woman accused of threatening US Supreme Court
NEWARK -- Authorities are accusing a northern New Jersey woman of mailing threatening letters to the U.S. Supreme Court and others.
Members of the FBI's Joint terrorism Task Force arrested 50-year-old Karen Waller at her home in Irvington on Tuesday.
Prosecutors say Waller mailed more than 50 threatening letters in May and June to the court, Rutgers University, Woodbridge town hall, Milburn police and an insurance company. Authorities say the letters threatened to injure and kill unspecified people.
Waller is charged with one count of mailing threatening communications.
Waller is scheduled to make an initial appearance in federal court in Newark on Tuesday afternoon.
new jersey, irvington, supreme court, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Video: Icy cold temperatures hit Tri-State area 22 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death 55 min ago
- Mega Millions hits $400M jackpot 8 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Icy cold temperatures hit Tri-State area
22 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
55 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
27 min ago