New Jersey News
Man struck by lightning at Jersey Shore
BERKELEY TOWNSHIP (WABC) -- A man is hospitalized after police say he was struck by lightning at the Jersey Shore.
It happened Tuesday afternoon at Island Beach State Park in Berkeley Township.
A 49-year old man was fishing at the shore when he was hit by a bolt of lightning, and rushed to Jersey Shore Medical Center.
Authorities say he was conscious, but complaining of numbness to his lower extremities.
He is listed in stable condition.
The man's identity has not yet been released.
new jersey, jersey shore, new jersey news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest 5 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger 12 min ago
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Demolition underway after NJ fire;...
12 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze...
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos