New Jersey News
Man struck by lightning at Jersey Shore
BERKELEY TOWNSHIP (WABC) -- A man is hospitalized after police say he was struck by lightning at the Jersey Shore.
It happened Tuesday afternoon at Island Beach State Park in Berkeley Township.
A 49-year old man was fishing at the shore when he was hit by a bolt of lightning, and rushed to Jersey Shore Medical Center.
Authorities say he was conscious, but complaining of numbness to his lower extremities.
He is listed in stable condition.
The man's identity has not yet been released.
new jersey, jersey shore, new jersey news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide