New Jersey News
2 more suspects arrested in Irvington store owner slaying
IRVINGTON, N.J. -- Two more suspects have been arrested in the fatal shooting of an Irvington store owner.
Essex County prosecutors say 26-year-old Ivery Brinson and his 21-year-old brother, Shakil Brinson, both of Newark, were arrested Tuesday night in New Brunswick. Bail for both brothers was set at $750,000, and they remained jailed Wednesday.
The arrests come just days after two other Newark residents - 22 year-old Carnel Colbett and a 17-year-old male - were taken into custody. It's not known if any of the four suspects have retained attorneys.
All four suspects face numerous charges including murder, robbery, carjacking and weapons offenses stemming from the death of 52-year-old Narendrak Patel. He was shot dead June 29 during a robbery at his store.
new jersey, irvington, shooting, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow begins falling in New Jersey
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
45 min ago