New Jersey News
3 hurt when Superstorm Sandy-damaged home collapses in New Jersey
LITTLE EGG HARBOR -- Three construction workers were injured when a southern New Jersey home that was damaged by Superstorm Sandy collapsed as crews were jacking up the two-story structure.
It wasn't immediately clear what caused the collapse, which occurred around 5 p.m. Wednesday in Little Egg Harbor Township.
Authorities say the workers were being treated at a hospital for "serious injuries," but the injuries were not considered life-threatening.
One worker suffered back, neck and foot injuries and was flown to a hospital, while the other two were being treated at another hospital for undisclosed injuries.
Authorities say one of the workers apparently fell from the home's top floor.
new jersey, egg harbor, collapse, superstorm sandy, new jersey news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment 51 min ago
- Newtown victims families deliver statement 6 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area