New Jersey News
3 hurt when Superstorm Sandy-damaged home collapses in New Jersey
LITTLE EGG HARBOR -- Three construction workers were injured when a southern New Jersey home that was damaged by Superstorm Sandy collapsed as crews were jacking up the two-story structure.
It wasn't immediately clear what caused the collapse, which occurred around 5 p.m. Wednesday in Little Egg Harbor Township.
Authorities say the workers were being treated at a hospital for "serious injuries," but the injuries were not considered life-threatening.
One worker suffered back, neck and foot injuries and was flown to a hospital, while the other two were being treated at another hospital for undisclosed injuries.
Authorities say one of the workers apparently fell from the home's top floor.
new jersey, egg harbor, collapse, superstorm sandy, new jersey news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 37 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
37 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos