New Jersey News
3 hurt when Superstorm Sandy-damaged home collapses in New Jersey
LITTLE EGG HARBOR -- Three construction workers were injured when a southern New Jersey home that was damaged by Superstorm Sandy collapsed as crews were jacking up the two-story structure.
It wasn't immediately clear what caused the collapse, which occurred around 5 p.m. Wednesday in Little Egg Harbor Township.
Authorities say the workers were being treated at a hospital for "serious injuries," but the injuries were not considered life-threatening.
One worker suffered back, neck and foot injuries and was flown to a hospital, while the other two were being treated at another hospital for undisclosed injuries.
Authorities say one of the workers apparently fell from the home's top floor.
new jersey, egg harbor, collapse, superstorm sandy, new jersey news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash