New Jersey News
3 hurt when Superstorm Sandy-damaged home collapses in New Jersey
LITTLE EGG HARBOR -- Three construction workers were injured when a southern New Jersey home that was damaged by Superstorm Sandy collapsed as crews were jacking up the two-story structure.
It wasn't immediately clear what caused the collapse, which occurred around 5 p.m. Wednesday in Little Egg Harbor Township.
Authorities say the workers were being treated at a hospital for "serious injuries," but the injuries were not considered life-threatening.
One worker suffered back, neck and foot injuries and was flown to a hospital, while the other two were being treated at another hospital for undisclosed injuries.
Authorities say one of the workers apparently fell from the home's top floor.
new jersey, egg harbor, collapse, superstorm sandy, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees