New Jersey News
5-year-old calls 911 to save choking mom
RIDGEWOOD (WABC) -- A 5-year-old girl is being hailed a hero.
Chloe Olson's mother choked on a tortilla chip at their home in Ridgewood, New Jersey.
And when Kelly Olson kept coughing and couldn't talk, Chloe knew exactly what do, she called 911.
Operator: 911 what is your emergency?
Chloe: Daddy mommy's choking.
Operator: She's choking?
Chloe: Yes, she can't talk right now.
Operator: OK, she can't talk.
Operator: OK, can you open the front door and I'll get help over to you?
Operator: OK, open the front door and we'll be right there.
Chloe: Love you, bye.
Fortunately, Kerry Olson stopped choking just before the local fire department, police department, and ambulance arrived.
new jersey, rescue, ridgewood, new jersey news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago 53 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos