New Jersey News
5-year-old calls 911 to save choking mom
RIDGEWOOD (WABC) -- A 5-year-old girl is being hailed a hero.
Chloe Olson's mother choked on a tortilla chip at their home in Ridgewood, New Jersey.
And when Kelly Olson kept coughing and couldn't talk, Chloe knew exactly what do, she called 911.
Operator: 911 what is your emergency?
Chloe: Daddy mommy's choking.
Operator: She's choking?
Chloe: Yes, she can't talk right now.
Operator: OK, she can't talk.
Operator: OK, can you open the front door and I'll get help over to you?
Operator: OK, open the front door and we'll be right there.
Chloe: Love you, bye.
Fortunately, Kerry Olson stopped choking just before the local fire department, police department, and ambulance arrived.
new jersey, rescue, ridgewood, new jersey news
- At least 1 dead, 15 hurt in East Harlem explosion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 4 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25