New Jersey News
5-year-old calls 911 to save choking mom
RIDGEWOOD (WABC) -- A 5-year-old girl is being hailed a hero.
Chloe Olson's mother choked on a tortilla chip at their home in Ridgewood, New Jersey.
And when Kelly Olson kept coughing and couldn't talk, Chloe knew exactly what do, she called 911.
Operator: 911 what is your emergency?
Chloe: Daddy mommy's choking.
Operator: She's choking?
Chloe: Yes, she can't talk right now.
Operator: OK, she can't talk.
Operator: OK, can you open the front door and I'll get help over to you?
Operator: OK, open the front door and we'll be right there.
Chloe: Love you, bye.
Fortunately, Kerry Olson stopped choking just before the local fire department, police department, and ambulance arrived.
new jersey, rescue, ridgewood, new jersey news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments