New Jersey News
Officer dragged during police chase in Paterson
PATERSON, N.J. (WABC) -- Paterson Police say what started out as a routine traffic stop turned into a police chase Thursday night.
It began in front of 345 Broadway at 8:15 p.m.
Police say an individual driving an SUV refused to turn over his documents.
He was informed that if he continues to refuse he would be placed under arrest.
At that point he told the cops to "*expletive*-off" and gunned the vehicle, dragging one of the officers a short distance.
He took off down Broadway to West Broadway with officers in pursuit.
At West Broadway and Chamberlain, around two miles away, he rammed two police units and flipped his vehicle over.
A couple of officers went to the hospital to be examined.
The suspect was injured in the crash, but his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Charges are pending against him.
new jersey, paterson, police chase, new jersey news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 15 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 52 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
52 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos