New Jersey News
Officer dragged during police chase in Paterson
PATERSON, N.J. (WABC) -- Paterson Police say what started out as a routine traffic stop turned into a police chase Thursday night.
It began in front of 345 Broadway at 8:15 p.m.
Police say an individual driving an SUV refused to turn over his documents.
He was informed that if he continues to refuse he would be placed under arrest.
At that point he told the cops to "*expletive*-off" and gunned the vehicle, dragging one of the officers a short distance.
He took off down Broadway to West Broadway with officers in pursuit.
At West Broadway and Chamberlain, around two miles away, he rammed two police units and flipped his vehicle over.
A couple of officers went to the hospital to be examined.
The suspect was injured in the crash, but his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Charges are pending against him.
new jersey, paterson, police chase, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos