New Jersey News
Officer dragged during police chase in Paterson
PATERSON, N.J. (WABC) -- Paterson Police say what started out as a routine traffic stop turned into a police chase Thursday night.
It began in front of 345 Broadway at 8:15 p.m.
Police say an individual driving an SUV refused to turn over his documents.
He was informed that if he continues to refuse he would be placed under arrest.
At that point he told the cops to "*expletive*-off" and gunned the vehicle, dragging one of the officers a short distance.
He took off down Broadway to West Broadway with officers in pursuit.
At West Broadway and Chamberlain, around two miles away, he rammed two police units and flipped his vehicle over.
A couple of officers went to the hospital to be examined.
The suspect was injured in the crash, but his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Charges are pending against him.
new jersey, paterson, police chase, new jersey news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos