New Jersey News
Tractor-trailer crash spills beer all over New Jersey highway
CLINTON (WABC) -- A tractor-trailer carrying beer sideswiped another tractor-trailer and split in half, spilling cases of Coors and Coors Light all over the side of the highway in New Jersey early Friday.
The crash happened overnight in the eastbound lanes of Interstate 78 in Clinton, just past exit 18.
The tractor-trailer lost control before striking the other big rig, which was parked on the side of the road.
The entire highway was shut down for several hours, and two people had to be rushed by helicopter to the hospital.
There is no word on their conditions.
An accident investigation is ongoing, and traffic was backed up for more than 8 miles.
The right lane remains closed.
new jersey, clifton, accident, new jersey news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run 11 min ago
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87 24 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall