New Jersey News
EMT stabbed while taking patient to hospital
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- An EMT in Jersey City was stabbed by a patient who was being taken to the hospital.
It all started at around 6:45 p.m. Friday when the EMT from Jersey City Medical Center responded to Dayside Place for a report of an assault.
The patient had suffered minor superficial injuries.
During the course of transport the patient became agitated and combative.
He drew a knife and charged the EMT.
The stabbing happened around 7:10 p.m. while the ambulance was in transit near Grand Street and Communipaw Avenue.
The EMT was slashed in the stomach and stabbed in the shoulder.
The EMT and the driver called for assistance and restrained the patient until police arrived.
The patient was taken into custody and transported to hospital.
The EMT was taken to the trauma center with non life-threatening injuries.
He is in stable condition and is expected to fully recover.
new jersey, jersey city, stabbing, new jersey news
- Large explosion, fire reported in East Harlem 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live! 3 min ago
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 3 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 52 min ago
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos