New Jersey News
EMT stabbed while taking patient to hospital
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- An EMT in Jersey City was stabbed by a patient who was being taken to the hospital.
It all started at around 6:45 p.m. Friday when the EMT from Jersey City Medical Center responded to Dayside Place for a report of an assault.
The patient had suffered minor superficial injuries.
During the course of transport the patient became agitated and combative.
He drew a knife and charged the EMT.
The stabbing happened around 7:10 p.m. while the ambulance was in transit near Grand Street and Communipaw Avenue.
The EMT was slashed in the stomach and stabbed in the shoulder.
The EMT and the driver called for assistance and restrained the patient until police arrived.
The patient was taken into custody and transported to hospital.
The EMT was taken to the trauma center with non life-threatening injuries.
He is in stable condition and is expected to fully recover.
new jersey, jersey city, stabbing, new jersey news
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos