New Jersey News
New Jersey man charged with sexual contact on PATH train
JERSEY CITY, N.J. -- Port Authority police say a New Jersey man with a lengthy criminal history has been arrested for unwanted sexual contact with a female passenger on a PATH train.
Thirty-two year-old Azeez Powell of Jersey City has been charged with aggravated criminal sexual contact. It's not clear if he has retained a lawyer.
Police say Powell made illegal contact July 10 with a female victim on an eastbound PATH train at the PATH Newport station.
The Port Authority says Powell had previously been arrested by and charged with lewdness on April 20, 2012, after exposing himself to a female passenger at the same PATH station.
Police say Powell was arrested July 11 at his residence. Police records indicate he has an extensive criminal history in New York and New Jersey.
new jersey, path train, new jersey news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos