New Jersey News
Man tries to carjack pregnant woman in New Jersey
MANCHESTER, N.J. (WABC) -- Police are searching for a suspect who attempted to carjack a pregnant woman in Manchester Township, New Jersey.
It happened July 11th at County Road 571 and Renaissance Blvd.
Police say a 23-year old Toms River resident who is seven months pregnant had stopped at a traffic light when the man opened her driver side door and attacked her, trying to pull her from the car.
The victim was able to fight off the attacker before driving away, but suffered injuries to her neck and knuckles.
She was taken to a nearby hospital and released.
Police have released a sketch based on her description of the suspect as a white male, unshaven with a tattoo.
new jersey, carjacking, new jersey news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos