New Jersey News
Man tries to carjack pregnant woman in New Jersey
MANCHESTER, N.J. (WABC) -- Police are searching for a suspect who attempted to carjack a pregnant woman in Manchester Township, New Jersey.
It happened July 11th at County Road 571 and Renaissance Blvd.
Police say a 23-year old Toms River resident who is seven months pregnant had stopped at a traffic light when the man opened her driver side door and attacked her, trying to pull her from the car.
The victim was able to fight off the attacker before driving away, but suffered injuries to her neck and knuckles.
She was taken to a nearby hospital and released.
Police have released a sketch based on her description of the suspect as a white male, unshaven with a tattoo.
new jersey, carjacking, new jersey news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 21 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 19 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 18 min ago
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 19 min ago
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
19 min ago
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega...
18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup...
8 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos