New Jersey News
Man tries to carjack pregnant woman in New Jersey
MANCHESTER, N.J. (WABC) -- Police are searching for a suspect who attempted to carjack a pregnant woman in Manchester Township, New Jersey.
It happened July 11th at County Road 571 and Renaissance Blvd.
Police say a 23-year old Toms River resident who is seven months pregnant had stopped at a traffic light when the man opened her driver side door and attacked her, trying to pull her from the car.
The victim was able to fight off the attacker before driving away, but suffered injuries to her neck and knuckles.
She was taken to a nearby hospital and released.
Police have released a sketch based on her description of the suspect as a white male, unshaven with a tattoo.
new jersey, carjacking, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says 47 min ago
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos