New Jersey News
TV installer accused of child sex assault in Paterson
PATERSON, N.J. (WABC) -- A man working as a TV installer is under arrest, charged with sexually assaulting an 8-year old girl in her home in Paterson, New Jersey.
The suspect is 38-year old Arcadio "Junior" Nova, a New York resident who is an independent contractor employed as a DirecTV installer.
Prosecutors say the alleged incident occurred on July 3 while Nova was preparing to install the service in the girl's home.
He has been charged with first-degree aggravated sexual assault, second-degree luring, second-degree sexual assault and third-degree endangering the welfare of a child, for allegedly sexually assaulting and engaging in sexual conduct with an eight-year-old girl.
Aggravated sexual assault carries a maximum prison term of 20 years, and Sexual Assault and Luring carries a maximum term of 10 years.
DirecTV released a statement saying, "We are looking into the matter as we do not have anyone by this name in our system either as a DIRECTV employee or authorized technician."
new jersey, paterson, sex abuse, new jersey news, josh einiger
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield 4 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Up Close with Diana Williams