New Jersey News
TV installer accused of child sex assault in Paterson
PATERSON, N.J. (WABC) -- A man working as a TV installer is under arrest, charged with sexually assaulting an 8-year old girl in her home in Paterson, New Jersey.
The suspect is 38-year old Arcadio "Junior" Nova, a New York resident who is an independent contractor employed as a DirecTV installer.
Prosecutors say the alleged incident occurred on July 3 while Nova was preparing to install the service in the girl's home.
He has been charged with first-degree aggravated sexual assault, second-degree luring, second-degree sexual assault and third-degree endangering the welfare of a child, for allegedly sexually assaulting and engaging in sexual conduct with an eight-year-old girl.
Aggravated sexual assault carries a maximum prison term of 20 years, and Sexual Assault and Luring carries a maximum term of 10 years.
DirecTV released a statement saying, "We are looking into the matter as we do not have anyone by this name in our system either as a DIRECTV employee or authorized technician."
new jersey, paterson, sex abuse, new jersey news, josh einiger
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 23 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets 54 min ago
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win