New Jersey News
TV installer accused of child sex assault in Paterson
PATERSON, N.J. (WABC) -- A man working as a TV installer is under arrest, charged with sexually assaulting an 8-year old girl in her home in Paterson, New Jersey.
The suspect is 38-year old Arcadio "Junior" Nova, a New York resident who is an independent contractor employed as a DirecTV installer.
Prosecutors say the alleged incident occurred on July 3 while Nova was preparing to install the service in the girl's home.
He has been charged with first-degree aggravated sexual assault, second-degree luring, second-degree sexual assault and third-degree endangering the welfare of a child, for allegedly sexually assaulting and engaging in sexual conduct with an eight-year-old girl.
Aggravated sexual assault carries a maximum prison term of 20 years, and Sexual Assault and Luring carries a maximum term of 10 years.
DirecTV released a statement saying, "We are looking into the matter as we do not have anyone by this name in our system either as a DIRECTV employee or authorized technician."
new jersey, paterson, sex abuse, new jersey news, josh einiger
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation