New Jersey News
New Jersey DirecTV installer accused of sex assault pleads not guilty
PATERSON, N.J. (WABC) -- A satellite TV installer accused of sexual assaulting a child pleaded not guilty at his initial court appearance in New Jersey Thursday.
Arcadio "Junior" Nova, 38, is charged with sexually assaulting the 8-year-old girl on July 3.
Prosecutors say Nova was at the girl's Paterson home preparing to install DirecTV service as an independent contractor.
Prosecutors say Nova "engaged in sexual conduct" with the child after luring her to an isolated area of the house.
Nova is charged with first-degree aggravated sexual assault, second-degree luring, second-degree sexual assault and third-degree endangering the welfare of a child.
Aggravated sexual assault carries a maximum prison term of 20 years, and sexual assault and Luring carries a maximum term of 10 years.
DirecTV released a statement saying, "We are looking into the matter, as we do not have anyone by this name in our system either as a DIRECTV employee or authorized technician."
Bail was set at $500,000.
new jersey, paterson, sex abuse, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97