New Jersey News
New Jersey DirecTV installer accused of sex assault pleads not guilty
PATERSON, N.J. (WABC) -- A satellite TV installer accused of sexual assaulting a child pleaded not guilty at his initial court appearance in New Jersey Thursday.
Arcadio "Junior" Nova, 38, is charged with sexually assaulting the 8-year-old girl on July 3.
Prosecutors say Nova was at the girl's Paterson home preparing to install DirecTV service as an independent contractor.
Prosecutors say Nova "engaged in sexual conduct" with the child after luring her to an isolated area of the house.
Nova is charged with first-degree aggravated sexual assault, second-degree luring, second-degree sexual assault and third-degree endangering the welfare of a child.
Aggravated sexual assault carries a maximum prison term of 20 years, and sexual assault and Luring carries a maximum term of 10 years.
DirecTV released a statement saying, "We are looking into the matter, as we do not have anyone by this name in our system either as a DIRECTV employee or authorized technician."
Bail was set at $500,000.
new jersey, paterson, sex abuse, new jersey news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway