New Jersey News
New Jersey DirecTV installer accused of sex assault pleads not guilty
PATERSON, N.J. (WABC) -- A satellite TV installer accused of sexual assaulting a child pleaded not guilty at his initial court appearance in New Jersey Thursday.
Arcadio "Junior" Nova, 38, is charged with sexually assaulting the 8-year-old girl on July 3.
Prosecutors say Nova was at the girl's Paterson home preparing to install DirecTV service as an independent contractor.
Prosecutors say Nova "engaged in sexual conduct" with the child after luring her to an isolated area of the house.
Nova is charged with first-degree aggravated sexual assault, second-degree luring, second-degree sexual assault and third-degree endangering the welfare of a child.
Aggravated sexual assault carries a maximum prison term of 20 years, and sexual assault and Luring carries a maximum term of 10 years.
DirecTV released a statement saying, "We are looking into the matter, as we do not have anyone by this name in our system either as a DIRECTV employee or authorized technician."
Bail was set at $500,000.
new jersey, paterson, sex abuse, new jersey news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out 53 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face 10 min ago
- Russians, Crimeans discuss referendum on joining Russia
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game'...
53 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos