New Jersey News
New Jersey DirecTV installer accused of sex assault pleads not guilty
PATERSON, N.J. (WABC) -- A satellite TV installer accused of sexual assaulting a child pleaded not guilty at his initial court appearance in New Jersey Thursday.
Arcadio "Junior" Nova, 38, is charged with sexually assaulting the 8-year-old girl on July 3.
Prosecutors say Nova was at the girl's Paterson home preparing to install DirecTV service as an independent contractor.
Prosecutors say Nova "engaged in sexual conduct" with the child after luring her to an isolated area of the house.
Nova is charged with first-degree aggravated sexual assault, second-degree luring, second-degree sexual assault and third-degree endangering the welfare of a child.
Aggravated sexual assault carries a maximum prison term of 20 years, and sexual assault and Luring carries a maximum term of 10 years.
DirecTV released a statement saying, "We are looking into the matter, as we do not have anyone by this name in our system either as a DIRECTV employee or authorized technician."
Bail was set at $500,000.
new jersey, paterson, sex abuse, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos