New Jersey News
Man in custody after barricading himself and infant in Newark home
NEWARK (WABC) -- Newark police say one man is in custody and an infant he was holding hostage is safe after a barricade incident in Newark.
Police had evacuated nearby homes on South Orange Avenue.
The incident stemmed from a possible domestic dispute.
The child was assessed by EMS at the scene and transported to UMDNJ as a precautionary measure. The suspect was transported to UMDNJ Crisis Unit for evaluation.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos