New Jersey News
Man in custody after barricading himself and infant in Newark home
NEWARK (WABC) -- Newark police say one man is in custody and an infant he was holding hostage is safe after a barricade incident in Newark.
Police had evacuated nearby homes on South Orange Avenue.
The incident stemmed from a possible domestic dispute.
The child was assessed by EMS at the scene and transported to UMDNJ as a precautionary measure. The suspect was transported to UMDNJ Crisis Unit for evaluation.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 12 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 25 min ago
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 38 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
12 min ago