New Jersey News
Man in custody after barricading himself and infant in Newark home
NEWARK (WABC) -- Newark police say one man is in custody and an infant he was holding hostage is safe after a barricade incident in Newark.
Police had evacuated nearby homes on South Orange Avenue.
The incident stemmed from a possible domestic dispute.
The child was assessed by EMS at the scene and transported to UMDNJ as a precautionary measure. The suspect was transported to UMDNJ Crisis Unit for evaluation.
new jersey, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Video: Icy cold temperatures hit Tri-State area 6 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death 39 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Icy cold temperatures hit Tri-State area
6 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
39 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
11 min ago