New Jersey News
Man in custody after barricading himself and infant in Newark home
NEWARK (WABC) -- Newark police say one man is in custody and an infant he was holding hostage is safe after a barricade incident in Newark.
Police had evacuated nearby homes on South Orange Avenue.
The incident stemmed from a possible domestic dispute.
The child was assessed by EMS at the scene and transported to UMDNJ as a precautionary measure. The suspect was transported to UMDNJ Crisis Unit for evaluation.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport 3 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Records: Man in movie theater shooting also was texting
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday